Random Text Exchange of the Day

>> Friday, December 18, 2009

Yesterday, I received a text on my US cell that read:


"Hi, I need your address xoxo."

Fairly certain that it wasn't from a creditor, yet completely uncertain about the source (the area code is south western Florida, and I don't think I know anybody who lives there) I replied:

"Uhh, I'm not sure I know you."

In English, that is usually perceived as an invitation to supply a name or something similar, right? This is what I received in response (names changed to protect the guilty):

"Love, I have had Track in the hospital i've never been so tired i'm broke n Todd and I are over".

This mystery was followed by a picture message, which I can't view as I use an ancient phone for my US cell that I originally obtained while still living in Holland back in 2002.

I've only had this US number for about six months or so, and I don't circulate it all that widely, so I'm 99.99% confident that I don't know this person. If it was my British mobile, maybe it was from someone whose number I deleted five years ago or something, but this is a mystery to me. The previous owner of my number didn't exactly notify all of her people that her number had changed, so I received a string of calls for her for about two months. This may be of that genre.

At least Cliff Lee is still a Mariner, there's a rumored Carlos Silva - Milton Bradley swap in the works as well (will the brilliance never cease?), and I'm eating Christmas cookies for breakfast, so some semblance of sense still remains in the universe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP