Random Text Exchange of the Day

>> Friday, December 18, 2009

Yesterday, I received a text on my US cell that read:

"Hi, I need your address xoxo."

Fairly certain that it wasn't from a creditor, yet completely uncertain about the source (the area code is south western Florida, and I don't think I know anybody who lives there) I replied:

"Uhh, I'm not sure I know you."

In English, that is usually perceived as an invitation to supply a name or something similar, right? This is what I received in response (names changed to protect the guilty):

"Love, I have had Track in the hospital i've never been so tired i'm broke n Todd and I are over".

This mystery was followed by a picture message, which I can't view as I use an ancient phone for my US cell that I originally obtained while still living in Holland back in 2002.

I've only had this US number for about six months or so, and I don't circulate it all that widely, so I'm 99.99% confident that I don't know this person. If it was my British mobile, maybe it was from someone whose number I deleted five years ago or something, but this is a mystery to me. The previous owner of my number didn't exactly notify all of her people that her number had changed, so I received a string of calls for her for about two months. This may be of that genre.

At least Cliff Lee is still a Mariner, there's a rumored Carlos Silva - Milton Bradley swap in the works as well (will the brilliance never cease?), and I'm eating Christmas cookies for breakfast, so some semblance of sense still remains in the universe.


Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP